So I finally redesigned my website. In the new site I wanted to reconsider the focus of the pages. I removed some unnecessary pages and combined others. I also wanted a proper blog section. Perhaps this way I’ll be more motivated to update more frequently.
Technically my focus was on making the site with HTML5. I got rid of the unnecessary use of Flash as well. The gallery is now running on jQuery and video elements are using the HTML5 video tag. I didn’t want to create multiple video files to cover all the different browsers, so I’m using MP4 encapsulated H.264 files. This way I can use the same video files to fall back to a Flash FLV player in browsers that don’t support H.264 natively.