This is responsive
I finally made this site responsive. It had been haunting me for a while, but I kept putting it off, since I expected it to be a time consuming project to go through. Well, I was wrong and I should have done it sooner.
I made the present version of this website two years ago. Back then it was one of the first HTML5 sites I had done. I tried my best to keep the mark-up lean and tidy, and probably for that reason the transition to a responsive layout was as easy as it was. I did the bulk of the work during two evenings, and spent about 5 hours in all doing it.
Almost all of the work was done with CSS. I would estimate that less than 5% of the HTML mark-up needed to be changed. With the CSS I took the “mobile first” approach, meaning that the bulk of the CSS applies to all screen sizes and I only have separate and additional styles for larger screens.
Granted the site might need some responsive tweaking, but all in all I think it’s working pretty well.